Plastic scrap includes: plastic bags, plastic bottles, plastic cups, plastic straws, old plastic toys, plastic furniture, etc. Plastic bottles scrap is the biggest majority of plastic waste today. These products are characterized by a long decomposition time, which can be up to hundreds or thousands of years causing a huge problem call plastic pollution.
Plastic pollution is the accumulation of plastic items in the environment and adversely affects the living environment, human and animal health and it is now one of the biggest issues of the world.
The clearest evidence of plastic pollution is shown in the statistics as below:
• The world's plastic consumption: WHO statistics show that every minute the world consumes 1 million plastic bottles; 5 trillion plastic bags are used every year... Not to mention products made from plastic. Such as: utensils, tables, chairs, diapers, toys, etc.
• The amount of waste dumped into the environment: Up to now, the world has produced 8.3 billion tons of plastic, of which 6.3 billion tons are plastic waste.
• Rapid growth rate: In the past 50 years, the amount of plastic used has increased 20 times; it is forecasted to double in the next 20 years.
At the present, the elimination of plastic is not easy because a cheaper and more convenient product has not been found to replace it. For example: Plastic bags (usually made of LDPE plastic) have become indispensable items in daily life. Using it becomes an inherent habit of many people now. With the advantages of durability, suppleness and strength, convenience and low cost, LDPE plastic bags are widely used and are available like everywhere, from small stores to supermarkets and large malls. However, the natural decomposition time of LDPE plastic bags is 500 to 1000 years.
See more: LDPE Agri Film Natural Color
Moreover, the awareness of consumers about the harmful effects of plastic waste still has many shortcomings. Plastic waste is difficult to decompose so it is putting a lot of pressure to handle it properly for all countries.
We need to know that the gathering of each small individual contribution will still make a big difference to reduce pollution for the green planet.
Each individual can use some of the following ways to contribute to reducing the amount of plastic waste in the environment:
1. Change the habit of using plastic straws;
2. Use paper bags/boxes for dry products instead of plastic bottles/boxes;
3. Use reusable bottles or utensils like chopsticks, spoons and forks;
4. Bring your own containers if possible;
5. Not littering on the street or into the river/ocean;
6. Sort waste and return reusable plastic products;
7. Promote propaganda so that people around can understand and be more aware of the harmful effects of pollution caused by plastic waste.
8. And most especially, give priority to choosing recycled plastic products.
One of the current solutions is recycling plastic scrap. Using plastic waste to create new products is a trend that is being promoted by many governments. To get along with the trend of reducing environmental pollution,
Nowadays the common commodities are usually made from plastic. Each plastic type has different outstanding characteristics and versatile applications. LDPE plastic also has many strong advantages and being widely used in today's life. So what is LDPE plastic? is it safe? And how is its application? The answer will be in the article below.
Or kindly contact us directly as follows:
2Lians Recycling Pte., Ltd
m: +65 9035 4903 (Whatsapp)
a: 111 North Bridge Road #08-18, Peninsula Plaza, Singapore 179098
w: www.2lians.com/ e: firstname.lastname@example.org